Top Latching Panic Device PL-100
Our PL-100 top latching panic device offers a petite, contemporary design that unobtrusively accents glass door panic systems. With its latching mechanism concealed inside its interior push bar, this fire exit device provides a minimal, unhampered presence on many emergency egress doors.
Manufactured in-house from stainless steel, this narrow, 1 ¼” diameter L-shaped panic device secures all glass, full framed and aluminum entrance doors with confidence. And generated in 4 innovative styles, our PL-100 top latching crash bar brings fashionable options to glass door panic systems.
ADA Door Top Latching Panic Device
The PL-100 top latching panic device is designed to meet ADA door regulations. Latching into the door’s header, our push pad allows wheel chair access by interfacing with a manual or electric strike at the top of the door.
Full length top and bottom rails are not required to secure our top latching panic device to the door. Using a minimal mounting plate as part of the interior crash bar, the PL-100 can be securely mounted on a minimum of ½” thick glass. Various fitting options are available for versatile panic device applications.
For secure 24/7 access, the PL-100 is equipped with a dogging feature. When activated, the latch retracts to an open position and the panic device allows free entries as a simple push-pull bar. When deactivated, this hardware returns to an emergency exit device, prohibiting exterior access at all times.
PRL’s top latching panic device has been tested up to 2.0 million cycles in accordance to the American National Standard safety for panic devices (UL305), American Standard Institute (ANSI) and Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association Inc., (BHMA) A 156.3- 2008, Grade 1 certified.
Panic Device Styles:
The PL-100 panic device is rendered in 4 distinctive styles for fire exit doors- the Classic, Unique, Innovative and Advanced. These trendsetting crash bars grant sophisticated choices for glass door panic systems as well as full framed and aluminum emergency egresses.
- Classic Style: Round tubing with radius corners
- Unique Style: Round tubing with mitered corners
- Innovative Style: Square tubing with mitered corners
- Advanced Style: Square tubing with radius corners
Panic Device Finishes:
We supply a medley of popular finishes for our top latching panic device. All produced in our facility, you’re assured top quality finishes that are sure to last. Attractive on glass door panic systems, these push pad finishes also complement vast décors.
- Brushed & polished stainless steel
- Satin & polished brass
- Oil rubbed bronze
- Powder coats & Kynar paints
Top Latching Panic Device Info
Get in on the benefits of PRL’s top latching panic device. Primarily used on all glass doors, the PL-100 can be adapted for full framed and aluminum safety exits. Offering several great features and fitting numerous glass thicknesses, our top latching panic device satisfies multiple glass door panic system specifications.
Door Options & Glass Thicknesses:
- All Glass Panic Doors: ½”, 5/8” & ¾” glass thicknesses
- Full Framed Cladded Doors: ¼” – 1 ¼” glass thicknesses
- Aluminum Egress Doors: ¼” – 1” glass thicknesses
PL-100 Features & Options:
- 4 available styles: Classic, Unique, Innovative & Advanced
- Meets ADA regulations
- Tested in accordance to the American National Standard for panic devices
- Stainless steel construction
- Latches into door header
- Slim 1 ¼” L-shaped design
- Dogging feature for secure 24/7 access
- Available mounting: All-glass, full rail & custom
- Adaptable to small format IC core cylinders
- PRL panic bar protective covering
- Can be used on all glass, full framed & aluminum doors
- Vast collection of glass options
- Large array of door rails & patch fittings
- Matching exterior dummy & deadbolt panic handles
- Easy to access panic device specifications
Deal direct with PRL and order your top latching panic device today! Our dedicated staff will save you time and effort coordinating all your emergency egress needs.