Top Latching Panic Device PL-100:
PRL’s PL-100 top latching panic device offers a petite, contemporary design that unobtrusively accents all glass and full framed emergency egress systems beautifully. With its latching mechanism concealed inside the interior push bar, the PL-100 provides a minimal, unhampered presence on entrance doors.
Fabricated in-house from stainless steel, this narrow, 1 ¼” diameter L-shaped panic device secures all glass and full framed panic doors with confidence and uncompromised style.
ADA Top Latching Panic Device Doors:
Designed to latch into the door header, the PL-100 top latching panic device is equipped with a top latching mechanism at the top of the door that interfaces with a manual or electric strike. This top latching design meets A.D.A. regulations.
Full length top and bottom rails are not required to secure the PL-100 panic device to the door. Using a minimal mounting plate as part of the tubular push bar, it can be securely mounted on a minimum of ½” thick glass. Various fitting options are available for versatile panic device applications.
For secure 24/7 access, the PL-100 is equipped with a dogging feature. When activated, the latch retracts to an open position and the panic device allows free entries as a simple push-pull bar. When deactivated, the panic device returns to an emergency exit device, prohibiting exterior access at all times.
PRL’s PL-100 top latching panic device has been tested up to 2 million cycles in accordance to the American National Standard safety for panic devices (UL305), American Standard Institute (ANSI) and Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association Inc., (BHMA) A 156.3- 2008, Grade 1 certified.
Panic Device Styles:
The PL-100 panic device is available in three captivating styles to adorn emergency exits; standard round, standard mitered round and custom square. These lavish 1 ¼” L-shaped tubular panic device styles offer gentle sophistication for your all glass or full framed clad doors.
- Standard Round: A round panic device style with smooth, rounded corners.
- Standard Mitered Round: A round panic device style with sleek, 90˚ mitered corners.
- Custom Square: An innovative, square panic device style with 90˚ mitered corners and crisp clean lines and edges.
The first square panic device, ahead of the competition!
Panic Device Finishes:
PRL extends a medley of dazzling finishes for the PL-100 panic device. All extruded in-house, we provide top quality finishes that are sure to last. Offering a host of fine finishes, you’re sure to select just the right one that will offset your panic doors beautifully.
- Polished stainless steel
- Satin stainless steel
- Polished brass
- Satin brass
- Oil rubbed bronze
- Powder coat
- Kynar paint
Door Options & Glass Thicknesses:
The PL-100 panic device can be used on all glass doors and full framed clad doors to create stunning emergency egress systems. Primarily used on all glass doors, PRL can adapt the PL-100 panic device to accommodate full frame clad doors.
- All Glass Doors / Glass Thicknesses: ½”, 5/8” & ¾”
- Full Framed Clad Doors / Glass Thicknesses: ¼” – 1 ¼”
Top Latching Panic Device Features & Options:
- Three available styles: Standard round, standard mitered round & custom square
- Meets A.D.A regulations
- Tested in accordance to the American National Standard for panic devices
- Stainless steel construction
- Latches into door header
- Slim 1 ¼” L-shaped design
- Dogging feature for secure 24/7 access
- Available mounting: All-glass, full rail & custom
- Adaptable to small format IC core cylinders
- PRL panic bar protective covering
- Can be used on all-glass and full framed clad doors
- A large selection of glass options
- Large selection of door rails and patch fittings
- Matching exterior dummy and deadbolt panic handles
- Panic device configuration and specifications
Deal direct with PRL and let our dedicated staff save you time and effort coordinating all your panic device architectural and specification needs.